skip to Main Content

News: Honea Path PD chase ends in crash, death on US-25

GREENWOOD CO., SC – A 28-year-old man from Greenville died after fleeing police on Highway 25 near Honea and Ware Shoals and crashing his car, WCBD News 2 reports.

State police say the incident occurred at 10:12 p.m. when the driver of a 1996 Jeep sped away from law enforcement, lost control of his vehicle, and hit a tree on the left side of the road. The driver had been heading north on Highway 25 at the time of the crash. He died at the scene.

Officials have not released any details regarding the circumstances of the police chase but have identified the deceased as Austin Chandler Shirley.

The crash remains under investigation.

If you’ve lost a loved one in a car accident, you deserve legal representation. Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers has a team of South Carolina car accident attorneys that can help determine if you are owed financial compensation. Let us dedicate ourselves to your case so that you can focus on grieving your loved one. Schedule your free consultation today by contacting us online or by phone at (803) 373-1302.

Contact Us Today!


It's free to speak with us about your case, and if you hire us, we don't get paid unless we win.

Awards & Associations

Our Locations

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

1333 Main St #510,
Columbia, SC 29201

(803) 373-1668

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

5465 Sunset Blvd Suite B,
Lexington, SC 29072

(803) 373-1302

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

161 Elliott St SE Suite B,
Orangeburg, SC 29115

(803) 373-7593

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

749-2 University Village Dr,
Blythewood, SC 29016

(803) 592-6553

! NOTICE ! No Legal Advice Intended. This website includes general information about legal issues and developments in the law. Such materials are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials are not intended, and must not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You need to contact a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction for advice on specific legal issues or problems.

Files are primarily handled in our main office in Columbia.

Back To Top