Employment cases areoften high-stakes and involved litigation. If you need to pursue an employment claim, it’s critical to have the right lawyers on your side. An employment litigation attorney understands the challenges of employment law and can advise you, guide you, and advocate for you when you need it most. When you’re facing an employment issue, get the experienced legal help you need.
The Jeffcoat Firm represents clients in a wide range of employment litigation issues, and we can help you too. Michael Jeffcoat has built his practice and reputation on providing thorough, aggressive, and competent representation of his clients. We believe that maintaining an open attorney-client relationship with each client is essential to developing and executing effective legal strategies.
Regardless of your employment litigation issue, we want help.For a free consultation about your case, call us or use our online contact options today.
Types of Employment Litigation The Jeffcoat Firm Handles
The Jeffcoat Firm handles a wide range of employment litigation issues, including:
- Discrimination litigation. Accusations of employment discrimination are serious allegations that need to be handled correctly from the beginning. Discrimination claims can happen in the contexts of hiring, management of existing employees, and in firing them. These claims may involve the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, the National Labor Relations Board, the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission, and other state and federal agencies. When you’re dealing with a discrimination claim, it’s important to have an experienced employment litigation lawyer on your side during the process.
- Employment contract litigation. Employees are the foundation of any business, and employment contracts can govern every aspect of a relationship between the business and employee. Compensation, leave, benefits, non-competition agreements, and many other topics may be covered in an employment agreement. State and federal law govern these agreements. If you’re involved in an employment contract dispute, it’s critical to have knowledgeable and experienced legal representation on your side during any litigation.
- Workplace retaliation and harassment. Retaliation and harassment charges are some of the most common and most serious employment law issues that employers and employees may face. These claims can have serious consequences for a business and its employees. If you’re dealing with retaliation or harassment claims, make sure that you get legal help as soon as you can.
- Wage and benefit issues. Employee compensation and benefits are a complex area of law. Failure to pay overtime, failure to honor benefits agreements, broken promises, and other wage and benefit problems may arise in the employer-employee context. At The Jeffcoat Firm, we can help you understand the issue you’re facing and advise you on the next steps you should take.
- Wrongful termination. Employees in most situations may be terminated at-will, meaning that employers may dismiss the employee for many different reasons or no reason at all. However, there are still limits on when and why an employer may terminate the relationship. When the termination happens in violation of the law, when it is done in violation of employment contracts, or when it is done as a form of harassment, it may be wrongful termination.
The Jeffcoat Firm handles these and other employment litigation matters. If you have questions about your situation, contact us today for a free consultation.
How Can Our Employment Litigation Lawyers Help?
At the Jeffcoat Firm, we focus on helping individuals and businesses resolve their employment litigation issues. Employment litigation is complex, with many state and federal rules involved. Discrimination, employment agreements, wrongful termination, and many other employment issues each have their own rules, and even a single issue can be overwhelming.
An employment litigation lawyer can help you build your case from the beginning. We can gather critical documents, witness statements, and everything else your case needs.
Our employment litigation lawyers can handle negotiations and work to resolve your case. Litigation is only one step in the process of resolving a dispute. In many cases, a dispute may be settled before you need to go to court. Our experienced employment litigation attorneys can serve as an intermediary between the parties and use our negotiation experience to find a solution that works for you.
If your case needs to go to court, we can handle it from start to finish. Litigation takes time, knowledge, and experience. Our attorneys have decades of experience litigating on behalf of clients, and we have the resources to take on an employment litigation case. If you’re considering employment litigation, speak with an attorney and get your case started today.
Experienced Columbia and Lexington Employment Litigation Lawyers
In some cases, employers and employees may have problems that need outside help. If you’re facing an employment issue, our employment litigation lawyerswant to help you reach the resolution you need.
At The Jeffcoat Firm, our experienced employment litigation attorneys have years of experience advocating for our clients. No matter what type of employment litigation issue you’re dealing with, if you need experienced employment litigation lawyers, we have your back. If you’re facing wrongful termination, employment contract problems, or any other employment issue, we can help you pursue the justice and recovery you need.
At The Jeffcoat firm, we’re able to help with employment litigation cases throughout the state of South Carolina and beyond. Contact our Columbia and Lexington offices by phone or use our online contact options to get in touch now.