The Jeffcoat Firm is committed to helping everyday people in crisis, and CEO Michael Jeffcoat’s mission is to provide unmatched legal services to people in South Carolina. The employees of The Jeffcoat Firm are ambitious, resilient, self-starters with a passion for taking excellent care of clients and each other. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Civil Personal Injury Attorney to join our legal team.
As a Defense Case Manager at The Jeffcoat Firm, you’ll be responsible for guiding clients through the Criminal Defense case process, to include communicating with the Courts, Prosecutors and Law Enforcement. The Criminal Defense Case Manager will be the primary point of contact for the client. The work is fast paced and collaborative, working alongside Criminal Defense Attorneys, and Legal Assistants.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conducting client intake interviews and obtaining relevant information
- Assisting in the preparation of pleadings, motions, and discovery requests
- Conducting legal research and analyzing case law
- Drafting correspondence, legal documents
- Maintaining case files and updating case management software
- Responsible for filing all documents in Litify related to active cases.
- Coordinating with clients, law enforcement, and witnesses
- Assisting with trial preparation, including organizing exhibits and witness preparation
- Attends required morning and monthly meetings.
- Performs other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Who you are:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal Certificate or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Criminal Defense and/or Criminal Court experience.
- Familiarity with state and federal court procedures and rules
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Why you’ll love it here:
- $20-27 per hour
- Comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision, parental leave & 401k.
- Generous vacation policy, including 12 paid holidays.
- We provide supportive leadership, expect accountability and transparency, and focus on outreach.
- Our Firm believes in making our community a better place and paying all successes forward. We offer a Volunteering Time Off program for all full-time employees, encouraging each to invest in philanthropic efforts that matter to them.
In-person full-time, 1333 Main Street, Suite 501, Columbia, SC 29201
Monday – Thursday, 8:30AM—5:30PM
Friday, 8:30AM – 4:00PM
The Jeffcoat Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact Talent Acquisitions at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org