The Jeffcoat Firm is committed to helping everyday people in crisis, and CEO Michael Jeffcoat’s mission is to provide unmatched legal services to people in South Carolina. The employees of The Jeffcoat Firm are ambitious, resilient, self-starters with a passion for taking excellent care of clients and each other. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Civil Personal Injury Attorney to join our legal team.
As a Legal Intern at The Jeffcoat Firm, you’ll be responsible for running legal documents and assisting with a variety of administrative duties. The ideal candidate will be interested in pursuing a career in law and have a strong desire to learn about personal injury law. This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring lawyer to gain real-world experience and knowledge in the legal field.
What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering legal documents to various locations, such as courts, law firms, and government agencies.
- Provide support in client communication by answering phone calls and emails and scheduling appointments.
- Aid in administrative tasks, such as filing, organizing documents, photocopying, scanning, and faxing documents.
- Support Operations Director with Special Projects.
- Help with database management and mailing list management.
- Greeting clients, completed intakes, and enter basic client information into Litify.
- Maintain Criminal Defense files and in-house Workers Compensation cases.
- Running Firm errands as needed.
Who you are:
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program, pursuing a degree in law or a related field.
- Strong interest in personal injury law.
- Must have reliable transportation. Be willing and able to run legal documents with mileage reimbursement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Why you’ll love it here:
- $12.00 per hour
- Gain exposure to all aspects of a Personal Injury Firm.
- We provide supportive leadership, expect accountability and transparency, and focus on outreach.
In-person full-time, you’ll work at both of our downtown offices.
1333 Main Street, Suite 501, Columbia, SC 29201
807 Gervais St. Suite 102, Columbia, SC 29201
Part Time: Interns must work at least 15 but not more than 30 hours per week. We are flexible working with class schedules for full-time students.
The Jeffcoat Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact Talent Acquisitions at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org