Our fast-paced Personal Injury and Defense Law Firm in Columbia, SC, is growing and we are looking to hire an experienced, high caliber, full-time Supervising Defense Team Case Manager.
The Jeffcoat Firm is committed to helping everyday people in crisis, and CEO Michael Jeffcoat’s mission is to provide unmatched legal services to people in South Carolina. The employees of the Jeffcoat Firm are ambitious, resilient, self-starters with a passion for taking excellent care of clients and each other.
The Supervising Case Manager will have the primary responsibility of leading our Defense Case Manager and Legal Assistant teams. In this supervisory role, an ideal candidate will ensure compliance, efficiency, and exhibit excellent time management and coaching. We expect hard work, reliability and that our team embraces technology.
As the Supervising Case Manager, you will:
- Assist with the establishment and enforcement of Case Manager and Jeffcoat Firm best practices with unrelenting consistency
- Be a managerial contact and resource for our outstanding Defense Case Manager Team and the Legal Assistant Team, helping to perform and maintain Human Resources functions of the team including but not limited to hiring, firing, timecard, and time off management
- Audit performance and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for all team members
- Contribute to Performance Reviews, and necessary Performance Improvement Plans, of all team members
- Hold underperformers accountable and provide feedback that fosters improvement
- Assist with the creation of and adherence to training plans for new Case Managers and Legal Assistants
- Help facilitate and support continuing education for your team
- Report to the Legal Support Director, Robbie Jones, and work with the firm’s Leadership Team and other middle managers to always prioritize efficiency, process and procedure adherence, and an inclusive culture
- Legal and managerial experience of at least three years
- A can-do, positive attitude
- The ability to inspire, coach, and educate team members
- A constant priority of retaining and rewarding A+ Players
- A willingness to get in the trenches with your team and do whatever it takes to delight a Jeffcoat Firm Client
Pay: $30.00 – $35.00 an hour
To indicate a sincere interest in this role, and for your application to be considered, please include a cover letter that outlines the three most important characteristics for any manager.
Who We Are:
The Jeffcoat Firm cares about continually enhancing our Employee Benefits Program, our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts, providing excellent legal services, and investing in the community we are a part of. From the very beginning, and throughout every phase, The Jeffcoat Firm has prioritized taking care of our clients and our team. We are determined to be the best law firm and employer out there. We always get better, work hard, refuse to allow roadblocks to get in our way, and are committed to our past, current, and future clients.
We value all backgrounds and experiences and take pride in our being an Equal Opportunity employer. Our employees come from different professional networks, and we do not discriminate on race, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, or any other part of an individual’s identity. We know that diversity makes us better and choose to embrace and prioritize its impact. We want all our conversations to include voices from different fields of thought, different perspectives, and different opinions.
We provide supportive leadership, expect accountability and transparency, and focus on outreach. Our Firm believes in being a tenant of the community and paying all successes forward. We offer a Volunteering Time Off program for all full-time employees, encouraging each to invest in philanthropic efforts that matter to them. The Jeffcoat Gives Back program supports firm wide initiatives to give back to our neighbors. We know South Carolina. We are Carolinians. We give back because this is our home.
We root ourselves in our core values and mission each day and hire empathetic, passionate individuals to drive us to our goals. Words can never fully capture a company’s goals or mission, but these are a start:
We believe that our team is stronger together than any single member would be independently.
Our hiring decisions are about where The Jeffcoat Firm has been, is today, and where and who the Firm will be in the future.
We do not take that or any responsibility lightly.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com