Our fast-paced Personal Injury and Criminal Defense Law Firm in Columbia, SC, is growing and we are looking to hire an experienced, high-caliber, full-time Recruiter.
The Jeffcoat Firm is committed to helping everyday people in crisis, and CEO Michael Jeffcoat’s mission is to provide unmatched legal services to people in South Carolina. The employees of The Jeffcoat Firm are ambitious, resilient, self-starters with a passion for taking excellent care of clients and each other.
The Jeffcoat Firm has opportunities for promotion from within, secure and consistent training and development, and a culture of caring for our community. Our main office is located centrally in the heart of Columbia’s Main Street District. We are looking for employees who are empathetic, who have exceptional interpersonal skills. To be successful at the Jeffcoat Firm, you must be a go-getter, innovative, hardworking, and embracing of technology.
We are looking for a Recruiter with full cycle recruiting experience, from talent sourcing and attracting candidates to interviewing and hiring great employees of varying backgrounds, experiences, and industry level skills. A successful recruiter will collaborate with our Operational Leadership Team on a regular basis and proactively identify future hiring needs. The responsibilities of the Recruiter are to ensure our company attracts, hires, and retains the best employees, while growing a strong talent pipeline and managing our hiring funnel.
As The Jeffcoat Firm Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will:
- Exemplify our culture and non-negotiables in all hiring practices
- Screen resumes and conduct first screen interviews
- Schedule and coordinate secondary interviews
- Manage overall recruiting strategy and our hiring funnel processes
- Develop job descriptions
- Partner with the Leadership Team to proactively anticipate hiring needs
- Provide regular recruiting reports to the Operations Director
- Onboard new employees with established best practices
You have . . .
- Head Hunting experience and an ability to SELL our firm as a destination employer to candidates of all backgrounds
- The focus to make data-informed decisions
- A willingness to embrace technology in all practices
- Relevant education and experience in HR, PR, or similar fields
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An enthusiasm for our workplace and a willingness to share that with others
- An innate ability to be sincere and communicative with candidates at different points in their careers
- Determination and grit to continue seeking out A+ Players no matter the job market
- Excitement surrounding constant growth and innovation
- An ability to assess an applicant’s relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience, and aptitudes quickly and efficiently
- At least two years of recruiting experience that sought out and retained various roles and skill sets in a professional environment
Pay: $75,000 Salary, with competitive performance-based bonuses
Schedule: 8:30-5:30PM Monday – Thursday, 8:30-4:00PM Friday
Benefits: 401K, 401K Matching, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave
Job Type: Full Time, In Person
Who We Are
The Jeffcoat Firm cares about continually enhancing our Employee Benefits Program, our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts, providing excellent legal services, and investing in the community we are a part of. From the very beginning, and throughout every phase, The Jeffcoat Firm has prioritized taking care of our clients and our team. We are determined to be the best law firm and employer out there. We always get better, work hard, refuse to allow roadblocks to get in our way, and are committed to our past, current, and future clients.
We value all backgrounds and experiences and take pride in our being an Equal Opportunity employer. Our employees come from different professional networks, and we do not discriminate on race, age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, or any other part of an individual’s identity. We know that diversity makes us better and choose to embrace and prioritize its impact. We want all our conversations to include voices from different fields of thought, different perspectives, and different opinions.
We provide supportive leadership, expect accountability and transparency, and focus on outreach. Our Firm believes in being a tenant of the community and paying all successes forward. We offer a Volunteering Time Off program for all full-time employees, encouraging each to invest in philanthropic efforts that matter to them. The Jeffcoat Gives Back program supports firm-wide initiatives to give back to our neighbors. We know South Carolina. We are Carolinians. We give back because this is our home.
We root ourselves in our core values and mission each day and hire empathetic, passionate individuals to drive us to our goals. Words can never fully capture a company’s goals or mission, but these are a start:
We believe that our team is stronger together than any single member would be independently.
Our hiring decisions are about where The Jeffcoat Firm has been, is today, and where and who the Firm will be in the future.
We do not take that or any responsibility lightly.