“Mr. Jeffcoat’s Team are awesome. Everyday. All Day. I really appreciate you all. Ms. Nicole is very concerning and caring. That’s what we as people need; to know someone is on your side who listens to you, and most of all, cares, and works for you! ? All the time, not some! The Jeffcoat Law Firm are very professional!”
Car accidents and injuries can throw your plans into chaos and leave you struggling to get by. When tragedy strikes, you need talented and experienced accident lawyers to represent you while you recover. We can handle everything related to your case while you heal. Contact our Lexington personal injury lawyer or car accident lawyer today.
At The Jeffcoat Firm, we focus on helping Lexington car accident and personal injury victims. Car accident attorney Michael Jeffcoat has built his practice and reputation on providing thorough, aggressive, and competent representation of his injured clients. At The Jeffcoat Firm, we also believe that maintaining an open attorney-client relationship with each client is essential to developing and executing effective legal strategies. We care about our clients, and we work tirelessly to get them the recovery they need.
If you’ve suffered an injury or are recovering from a motor vehicle accident, contact our Lexington, South Carolina office for a free consultation. Call us or contact us online today. We’re here to help you.
Contact Us Today
How Our Lexington Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
After an accident, you need to focus on recovery and not on the mountains of paperwork and deadlines that come with a personal injury claim. Your health and your wellbeing are the most important things, so let our dedicated lawyers take the legal burden off your shoulders.
The Lexington car accident lawyers at the Jeffcoat Firm proudly fight for accident and injury victims. Here are some of the steps we can take to help you:
- We can gather evidence and build your claim. With decades of experience, we know how to collect everything your case needs and build your case from start to finish. Our experienced attorneys know what insurance companies and courts are looking for in a case. We’ll work tirelessly to make your case as strong as possible.
- Our Lexington car accident lawyers can handle negotiations. Insurance companies make more money by refusing to pay claims, and by paying as little as possible when they’re forced to. Insurers know how to use negotiations to their advantage. They’ll do everything they can to minimize what they have to pay you. Our experienced lawyers know how to handle insurers in negotiations. We’ll fight for the maximum amount of compensation for your injuries.
- Our experienced litigators can fight for you in court. If your case needs to go to court, we have your back. We’ll prepare a legal strategy, craft arguments, build the evidence your case needs, and advocate for you and your recovery in court. At The Jeffcoat Firm, our attorneys have years of experience helping accident and injury victims fight and win in court.
At The Jeffcoat Firm, we put clients first. When you’re injured, you need a knowledgeable, honest attorney who can take care of the legwork that your case requires. Focus on recovering from your injuries and leave the legal work to us.
Compensation Available After an Accident
When you’re injured, you may be wondering what types of compensation you could recover. A car accident or personal injury case can help you secure many different types of compensation, including:
- The costs of medical treatment, now and in the future. Injury victims often need extensive medical care and therapy after an accident. An accident or personal injury case can seek the cost of the treatment you need. Emergency care, follow-up visits, and long-term therapy compensation may be available.
- The wages you lose due to your injuries. After an accident, you may be out of work for days, weeks, or even the rest of your life. A case may include compensation for the work and the wages that you lose due to your injuries. Whether you’re out of work for a short while, or out of work for the long-term, a case can help you find the resources you need to live your life.
- Compensation for your pain and suffering. Physical pain and emotional anguish are common after an accident. A case may include compensation for the ongoing physical pain and its impact on your quality of life. A case may also include compensation for the lasting emotional harm that an accident may cause. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, and many other serious problems can arise after an accident, and a case can help you obtain the compensation and care you need.
- Property damage. An accident may damage your personal property including a motor vehicle, electronics, clothing, and many other valuable possessions. A legal claim can help you obtain compensation for those losses.
- Punitive damages. In exceptional cases where the responsible party’s actions were especially reckless or willful, punitive damages may be available. Our experienced Lexington personal injury lawyers can review your case and help you understand if these damages may be available.
Every case is unique, and there may be additional compensation available to you. Contact our Lexington personal injury attorney today for a free case evaluation.
Lexington Accident and Personal Injury Cases That We Handle
The Jeffcoat car accident attorneys in Lexington helps clients start and finish many different types of cases. We focus on helping our clients find the compensation they need. Our Lexington law firm office focuses on personal injury and car accidents.
Personal Injury Cases We Can Help You With in Lexington
The Jeffcoat Firm has experience handling a wide variety of Lexington personal injury cases. Come to use for any of these and other similar cases:
- Car Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- DUI Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Road Hazard Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Dog Bites
If you aren’t sure if your case would be a good fit for our Lexington law firm, contact us today so we can review your case for free and give you advice.
Retain an Experienced Lexington County Car Accident Lawyer After Your Accident
Recovering reimbursement for your damages or injuries from a Lexington County car accident with an uninsured/underinsured person can be a challenging ordeal. The difficulty is that the person that was responsible for the auto accident and that hasn’t got car insurance to pay for your damages or injuries probably also hasn’t got the financial resources to pay for your damages. Is it even possible to recover compensation in this situation? Of course, you’re not the first Lexington County car accident survivor to deal with this situation, and you certainly aren’t going to be the last. A skilled Lexington County car accident lawyer at The Jeffcoat Firm will know just where to start with your car wreck case.
Drivers in Lexington County Are Required to Have Specific Minimal Policy Coverage Amounts in Auto Insurance
There are minimal amounts of insurance coverage that each Lexington County motorist is required to keep. Every state has got different minimum requirements. However, Lexington County does not require you to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage on your policy, though it does require your insurance provider to make it available. Having UIM insurance coverage is invariably advisable as it means that you will have some form of insurance coverage should you get into a car accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. Following are the legal minimal specifications for Lexington County car insurance:
- $25K per victim & $50K per incident for bodily injury
- $25K for damage to property
Minimum Uninsured Motorist Policy Amounts:
- Bodily Injury Per Individual: $25K
- Bodily Injury Per Accident: $50K
- Property Damage: $25K
Other methods to make sure you have got enough insurance policy coverage in case of an accident in Lexington County include purchasing collision coverage and comprehensive coverage. You can even consider insurance coverage for rental reimbursement, as well as towing, and labor expense insurance coverage.
The challenge arises if the at-fault driver is violating Lexington County legislation by not having car insurance – and whenever neither individuals have adequate policy coverage to deal with all of your expenses. This is where it will help to get a Lexington County car accident lawyer in your corner, to help you examine the options and determine the very best plan of action for your predicament.
How Do You Prove Your Case?
Every injury or accident case is built on unique details, but when you’re bringing a case for compensation due to negligence, there are common elements you’ll need to prove. You’ll need to show that you were owed a duty, that duty was breached, that the breach caused your injuries and that you suffered damages because of your injuries.
You were owed a duty by someone else. In our society, there are many legal duties that we owe others and that others owe us. When we’re driving, we owe others a duty to drive safely and not endanger them. Businesses owe duties to keep their premises safe for guests. Doctors have a responsibility to care for their patients in accordance with professional standards.
- Someone breached their duty to you. When someone fails to live up to their duties, you can be harmed as a result. For example, another driver may hit you, a doctor may engage in malpractice, or you may slip and fall because an employee did not clean up a spill or other slip or tripping hazard.
- That breach resulted in your injuries. This is the connection between the breach of duty and your injuries. For example, if you slip and fall in a grocery store and break your arm, you must show that the grocery store’s breach of their duty to you directly resulted in your broken arm.
- You’ve suffered damage that can be compensated. In most cases, victims can show that they’ve suffered injuries and damages that can be compensated for. For example, if you’re out of work due to your injuries, a case may include the wages and income that you lose.
Protect Yourself and Your Case After an Accident
After an accident or an injury, the following tips can help you protect yourself:
- Contact emergency services. Your health and safety are the most important thing. Police can create an incident report after an accident, and emergency medical personnel can treat your injuries.
- Even if you feel okay, get a medical evaluation. Understand that some injuries may take time to show up. A medical evaluation will note any hidden injuries and help you protect your health.
- Don’t accept blame for the accident or apologize. Accidents can be very confusing and chaotic. As a victim, you may not understand what caused the accident. Avoiding placing, or taking the blame, and let investigators sort out responsibility later.
- Document the names and contact information for witnesses.
- Photograph the accident scene, the surroundings, and your injuries. After an accident, the cause may be cleaned up, your injuries may heal, and the circumstances that led to your accident can change. Photos will preserve the accident and its effects for investigators.
- Stay off social media and don’t make statements about your accident. Remember that when you make statements online and to others, they may be considered part of the public record. The other side will look for statements to use against you and fight your recovery. Stay off of social media, help yourself, and your case.
- Don’t make any recorded statements to the insurance companies before speaking with an accident lawyer. Like making statements online, the insurance company will use your statements in any future negotiations or proceedings. If you’re confused or say the wrong thing, it can hurt you later on.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions and make sure you go to any follow-up visits. Your health and your case depend on it.
- Contact a lawyer about your injuries. A lawyer can advise you on how to protect yourself and your case. A lawyer can also start building your case and can handle any conversations you need with insurance companies and other parties.
South Carolina’s Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims
In most cases, you have three years from the time of the accident or the discovery of your injuries to bring your claim. This limit also applies to any property damage you may need to recover for. If someone dies as a result of their injuries, the three-year period for a wrongful death action begins to run when they pass away.
Although there are some narrow exceptions that can extend the three-year deadline, it is best to take action as soon as possible. If you’re injured or involved in an accident, get the legal help you need quickly. Contact our Lexington personal injury lawyers about your case now.
Personal Injury Attorneys in Lexington, South Carolina
When you’re left to deal with injuries, pain, lost wages, and medical bills after someone’s reckless actions harmed you, you need the help of the dedicated personal injury lawyers at The Jeffcoat Firm in Lexington.
Our legal team consists of experienced, aggressive lawyers who know how to help you get the compensation you are owed. We have been helping people injured in Lexington for more than two decades, and we’re ready to help you.
We are always available, and there is absolutely no risk to hire us to help you. We don’t get paid anything unless we recover compensation on your behalf.
Whatever the nature of your case, whether it involves your work, your vehicle, your doctor, or a fall on someone’s property, we can provide you with the qualified, dedicated legal assistance you need.
Contact our Lexington personal injury lawyers today by phone or online to set up a free consultation so we can start preparing your case.
We Don’t Stand for Bullies. We’ll Take the Fight to Them.
Firm founder Michael Jeffcoat is fond of saying, “I have a real problem with bullies.” Our law firm lives by that motto. When you’ve been injured in Lexington, South Carolina, there are a lot of bullies you have to face to get the compensation you need. You may have to face pressure from doctors, hospitals, lawyers, insurance companies, and others. Their goal is to bully you into giving up and staying quiet.
At The Jeffcoat Firm, our mission is to push back against those bullies and provide the best legal representation possible for your case, so you don’t have to back down. We don’t want you to stay quiet. With us on your side, you can make sure your claim is known, and you can pursue full compensation for your pain, your injuries, your lost wages, and other losses.
The Jeffcoat Firm will fight for you from the moment you contact us to the moment we have your compensation in hand. We will take care of the investigation, the experts, the legal arguments, and the negotiating. We’ll face down the bullies for you. All you need to do is take care of yourself and let us take care of you.
Courts and Law Enforcement in Lexington, South Carolina
In South Carolina, there are three types of courts. Two of those, Family Court and Magistrate’s Court, most likely won’t relate to your personal injury case.
The third type of court is the Circuit Courts, which include criminal courts and common pleas courts. This last category is where most personal injury and wrongful death law takes place.
Lexington County Circuit Court
205 East Main Street
Lexington, SC 29072
Certain case types may require us to speak with law enforcement. In Lexington, we frequently work with:
Lexington County Sheriff’s Department
Lexington County Law Enforcement Complex
521 Gibson Road
Lexington, SC 29072
Lexington Police Department
111 Maiden Lane
Lexington, SC 29072
Decades of Experience Helping Accident Victims in Lexington
The dedicated injury lawyers in Lexington at The Jeffcoat Firm are here to help you. We take a client-centered approach to help you find the compensation and recovery that you need to move forward. We understand what you’re going through after an injury. We’re proud to help injury victims find their path to recovery. Contact our Lexington personal injury attorney today.
The Jeffcoat Firm offers a free consultation about your case. Our representation costs nothing unless we recover compensation for you. After an accident, get the compassionate, experienced representation that you need. Contact us for a free consultation about your case. Call us or contact us online today.
Firm founder Michael Jeffcoat takes pride in having built a law firm that embodies his commitment to helping people who have been injured or wronged. After receiving a B.A. degree in Political Economy and Philosophy at Wofford College in 1994, Jeffcoat went straight to the University of South Carolina School of Law. While there, in addition to his studies, he participated in Moot Court, the University’s trial competition, clerked in two U.S. Attorney’s Offices (Columbia and Seattle) and also the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office. Mr. Jeffcoat completed his Juris Doctor degree in 1997.