The Jeffcoat Firm is now hiring. One of South Carolina’s foremost and fastest-growing injury law firms, with our main office centrally located in the heart of Columbia’s exciting Main Street District. The Jeffcoat Firm helps make things right for badly injured people in South Carolina by securing the money they need to recover and to get their lives back on track. Our primary goal is to take excellent care of our clients, while at the same time helping our team members grow personally, professionally and financially. Our firm is one of the best workplaces available, with opportunities for promotion from within, solid and secure training and development, and a culture of caring for each other as we serve the community.
When someone is suddenly injured or is a victim of nursing home neglect or medical malpractice, they call our law firm for HELP. When clients hire us, they are in an emotionally difficult place. The Litigation Case Manager position is the main line of support to “take our clients by the hand” and walk them through our process, so they can get the HELP and support they need. We are looking for people who care with exceptional telephone and interpersonal skills who can solve problems for people.
We are looking for:
- Someone who will dive over the desk to answer the phone at 4:30 PM on a Friday of a holiday weekend to HELP a client in need
- Someone who can energetically multi-task and work at a RAPID pace
- Someone who naturally empathizes with people in need, and who truly wants to help
- Someone with an awesome personality
- Someone who wants to get better and better
- Someone who will grab the bull by the horns and make our law firm better by helping us better serve people in the community who call us for help.
- Someone who believes in building a career to improve their lives and to make their community a better place.
- Someone who has experience with auto accident or injury claims or litigation
We are not looking for:
- Someone who will text with friends or their significant other, or use Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, or anything else online during the work day
- Someone who is passive or who makes excuses when things go wrong
- Someone who isn’t a people person, or who gets in squabbles with co-workers
This Case Manager will primarily be required to handle the nuts and bolts of filing, scheduling and arranging for service of process, speak with and/or meet with personal injury clients, medical providers, adjusters, court staff and opposing counsel’s staff; answer basic questions from the clients or pass on legal questions to a firm attorney; assist in the collection of evidence, e.g. arrange for taking photos of motor vehicles, accident scenes, injuries, etc.; medical records and bills collection and organization; and preparing draft documents. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience, hopefully speak Spanish, and have reliable transportation. Pay will be based on the candidate’s experience and ongoing ability to successfully engage with our clients.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Monday to Friday
All staff and visitors wear masks and are screened daily.
Case management: 2 years (Preferred)