The Jeffcoat Firm is seeking a COO (Integrator) to help the Firm position itself for its next chapter of growth. As a successful candidate, you would be equally comfortable in the board room as you would be in rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty to quickly solve problems. Your relentless focus will be on results, yet you understand it takes a village to deliver them. You know how to marshal support for your plans and your follow-through is the key to who you are.
- Are you driven by independent thinking and by accomplishing distinct goals?
- Do you communicate directly and focus intently on the mission before you?
- Is managing by teaching and leading through hands-on action your style?
- Are you motivated by a rapid pace, and the precise execution of time-sensitive projects?
- If this describes you, then keep reading …
As COO (Integrator) you’ll execute The Jeffcoat Firm’s business plan and achieve P&L results by leading, managing, and holding the team accountable for agreed-upon commitments. You’ll eliminate obstacles and barriers, manage major projects, standardize and systematize work and integrate all major functions of the business. You’ll work with the CEO to filter and translate ideas into the functional plans of the business. The COO will report to the CEO and have responsibility for the managing all areas of the business, including Training and Development, Finance, Technology, Human Resources and Client Services/Legal Production. As a business that will be implementing EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) and leveraging those methods, you will also gain in-depth experience in this rapidly-growing and widely-accepted operating discipline and own the vital role of Integrator.
The Jeffcoat Firm is one of South Carolina’s foremost and fastest-growing law firms, with our main office centrally located in the heart of Columbia’s exciting Main Street District. Columbia is a vibrant and growing capitol city which draws on the energy of SC’s flagship university and is located within a short drive to both the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains and beautiful SC beaches.
The Jeffcoat Firm helps make things right for badly injured people in SC by securing the money they need to recover and to get their lives back on track. We also defend the livelihoods and reputations of the accused. Our primary goal is to take excellent care of our clients, while at the same time helping our team members grow personally, professionally and financially. We love our clients, and we believe in providing unparalleled service and excellent, efficient results for our clients, while taking great care of one another within our organization.
- Partner with the CEO (Visionary) on short and long-term planning
- Execute the business plan, achieving or exceeding planned P&L objectives
- Own the scorecard and leverage it to proactively identify issues
- Lead, manage and hold the Leadership Team accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments
- Integrate all major operating functions of the business using EOS. Ensure that everyone is rowing together in the same direction. Model the way, and always work toward the greater good of the business
- Resolve issues quickly and effectively, seeing real problems, being comfortable with necessary conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensure that the Leadership Team is healthy, functional and cohesive
- Ensure that everyone is truly following, and adhering to, the Firm’s core processes and operating system with full consistency
- Demonstrate effective project management and continuous improvement skills and using those skills to evolve our core processes
- Dependably demonstrate a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity and clarity
- Ensure that our Firm is full of A-Players who will dive over the desk to answer the phone at 4:30 PM on a Friday of a holiday weekend to HELP a client in need
- Effectively collaborate with the CEO (Visionary) to remain aligned at all times. Maintain a high level of mutual respect with the CEO. Realize the unique contributions and ideas that the CEO has. Possess the ability to filter and translate the CEO’s ideas into functional plans and systems
- Confirm that all key messages are consistently cascaded across the organization. Inherently ensure that everyone is in the know. Verify that a high level of effective communication exists throughout our organization
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience in a consumer product driven business, ideally eCommerce or an EOS-based professional services firm
- Collaborative nature, as demonstrated by management experience across multiple departments and disciplines
- Highly analytical; able to make data-driven decisions and establish effective metrics
- A Player/Coach who will both manage teams but also get into the weeds without hesitation when necessary
This position starts at $100,000 per year.
Please prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph explain what you believe are the 3 most important qualities needed in someone who works in a rapidly-growing EOS-based law firm and why you believe they are the most important qualities. In the second paragraph, explain why you applied for this particular position.