skip to Main Content

News: Woman Hurt, Family Uprooted after Car Hits Home in Sumter

SUMTER, SC – A woman was hurt while escaping her mobile home after it was hit by a car on Friday in Sumter County, News 19 reports.

Sumter Fire and The American Red Cross say the incident happened just before noon on Cherryvale Drive.

The crash caused significant damage to the home as well as an interruption to utility services. As a result, the woman and her child, who was not home at the time of the crash, were forced to seek alternate lodging.

The Red Cross is currently helping the family.

It is unknown at this time why the crash occurred or whether criminal charges have been filed.

If you suffered damages from a car accident in the greater Florence area, you may be owed financial compensation. Let our team of South Carolina car accident attorneys help you understand your options. Accidents can be traumatic and overwhelming, and you do not have to navigate this situation alone. Contact the Jeffcoat Firm for a free consultation. You can reach us online or by phone at (803) 373-1668.

Contact Us Today!


It's free to speak with us about your case, and if you hire us, we don't get paid unless we win.

Awards & Associations

Our Locations

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

1333 Main St #510,
Columbia, SC 29201

(803) 373-1668

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

5465 Sunset Blvd Suite B,
Lexington, SC 29072

(803) 373-1302

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

161 Elliott St SE Suite B,
Orangeburg, SC 29115

(803) 373-7593

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

749-2 University Village Dr,
Blythewood, SC 29016

(803) 592-6553

! NOTICE ! No Legal Advice Intended. This website includes general information about legal issues and developments in the law. Such materials are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials are not intended, and must not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You need to contact a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction for advice on specific legal issues or problems.

Files are primarily handled in our main office in Columbia.

Back To Top