skip to Main Content

News: Car strikes, kills pedestrian near Bennettsville

MARLBORO COUNTY, SC – A pedestrian died early Wednesday morning after being hit by a sedan on a highway in central Marlboro County, reports WMBF News.

Police say the incident happened around 4:34 a.m. on Highway 9 near Highway 912, which is close to both Wallace and Bennettsville.

The investigation thus far has determined that an eastbound 2017 Toyota Carolla hit the victim as they walked north along the highway.

Authorities have not yet publicly identified the pedestrian, who died from injuries sustained in the accident.

No other injuries have been reported. The incident remains under investigation.

If you’ve lost a family member in a car accident in Marlboro County, you could be entitled to compensation for a variety of expenses, including medical bills, funeral costs, and lost wages. The South Carolina car accident lawyers at Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers will consider your case from every angle and fight for justice on behalf of your loved one. Reach us today online or by phone at (803) 855-4077 for a free case evaluation.

Contact Us Today!


It's free to speak with us about your case, and if you hire us, we don't get paid unless we win.

Awards & Associations

Our Locations

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

1333 Main St #510,
Columbia, SC 29201

(803) 373-1668

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

5465 Sunset Blvd Suite B,
Lexington, SC 29072

(803) 373-1302

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

161 Elliott St SE Suite B,
Orangeburg, SC 29115

(803) 373-7593

Jeffcoat Injury and Car Accident Lawyers

749-2 University Village Dr,
Blythewood, SC 29016

(803) 592-6553

! NOTICE ! No Legal Advice Intended. This website includes general information about legal issues and developments in the law. Such materials are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials are not intended, and must not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You need to contact a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction for advice on specific legal issues or problems.

Files are primarily handled in our main office in Columbia.

Back To Top